Forbrain is a very easy-to-use tool and all you have to do is use your voice to practice! Here are a few usage tips to maximize your Forbrain, feel free to adapt it to your own methods of learning.
For students and adults
- Make sure the Forbrain headphones fit snugly against the skull and the headphones are fit correctly.
- Avoid using Forbrain during bedtime
- Remember to relax your position from time to time
- Switch off other electronic gadgets that might be distracting
- Pick a place that has the necessary furniture to promote good posture for prolonged, sustainable studying
- Avoid chewing gum, snacking, using other screens or travelling during sessions
For therapists and parents
- Whether working at home or at a therapy center, choose activities that your child or client enjoys or where your child is naturally more vocal
- Singing songs
- Vocal play
- Social games
- Reading books
- Drawing and Painting
- Introduce the Forbrain by first showing the child how you would wear it, and talking about how you would place it on your head.
- Pretend that they are a singer or a pilot and they would feel more engaged in wearing the Forbrain
- Place the child’s favorite toy or object in their hands to keep them distracted as the Forbrain is fit on their head
- When beginning practice with a child, keep the volume turned down low so that the sensation is not overwhelming to the child
- Make sure to have a mirror present so that the child can see themself - they always think that they look cool!